7/23/18: 5197.31 + 150.00 membership + 28.87 credit from REC = 8/21/2018 $5318.44 + 9.23
CD = $5804.39
– Treasurer’s Report approved Secretary’s Report
– 1 new member
– Minutes approved
Need activities (laser pistol practice?), etc. Family Event: “Sports show” Booths: Laser Pistol Practice, DNR Guy, Gun Dealer, Crawdaddy, Todd’s Gun Shop, Cook’s Outdoors, Bait Shop, Casting, New Hartford ATV Club, Dog Trainer, Shell Rock Honey Products, Ice Fishing, Larry Burman (classes),SRSC Sponsored Classes:
– Youth Hunter Safety Class: Need to set up
Other hunter safety classes:
Pistols & Pearls Classes:
Learn Competitive Shooting:Jeff: Need a Mission Statement: What are the goals of SRSC?
- Canoe Floats
- Frisbee Golf
- Shooting Range
Tee Shirt Buy: SRSC
Tri-fold Information Flyer
Raffle Made: $810 + $780
Balances: July 2:
– Beg: $3515.43, membership $120 + $280 shooting class + gun raffle $810
- Butler REC $29.80, $107.49 printing, Butler
- 6/19/18 $4513.05 Balance
- $9.22 interest
- $5804.39 CD
- 8/6/18: Beg $4513.05, gun raffle $810, -$29.44 REC, Portapotties -$96.30, 7/22/18: $5197.31 balance
- $5815.24 CD
Ron Poock moved, Bill Husman 2nd to approve Treasurer’s Report
July Minutes Read: Brett moved, Jeff N. 2nd, minutes approved
Membership: 128 Members total paid, 14 of these are Lifetime members
Membership Fees: $20/person, $40/family, Lifetime $300, Seniors (65+) $150
Need membership benefits listed & understood
Proposed change to take effect January 1, 2019. TB to publish on FB page 8/7/2018 & email proposal to the membership. To be voted at the December meeting 12/3/18.
Game Feed Plan: Potluck w/good speaker. January 19, 2019 (check Boyd Building)
Need activities (laser pistol practice?), etc. Family Event: “Sports show” Booths: Laser Pistol Practice, DNR Guy, Gun Dealer, Crawdaddy, Todd’s Gun Shop, Cook’s Outdoors, Bait Shop, Casting, New Hartford ATV Club, Dog Trainer, Shell Rock Honey Products, Ice Fishing, Larry Burman (classes),
Camera System: TB to install Wireless Router. Cameras are in basement of Riverview.
Canoe Float: Proposed: 09-16-2018 @ 1:00 Rennings Landing to Campground. Weather & River Conditions allowing. Plan on 3.5 hour float. Canoes & kayaks available (need to know first). Everyone welcome
Shooting Event: August 26, 2018 @ 1:00 pm cleanup, then shoot.
After Meeting Meeting:
Regular Shooting Tournaments:
– Pistol (USPSA)
Tee Shirt Buy: SRSC
Tri-fold Information Flyer
Minutes from the SRSC July 2, 2018 Meeting
Secretary’s Report Read & Approved. 122 Members Paid
Treasurer’s Rpt: No Treasurer
– Sunday in the Park 30 kids
– Internet/Camera System: Jeff B. needs to drill hole in internet box. Talking to B-B guy. Jeff to notify Tim when internet is installed.
– Gun Raffle Sales: ~150 tickets sold. Need to pick a time to announce on July 4th.
– Finish Internet/Camera System
– 4th of July Celebration, Gun Raffle. Need membership forms too.
– Meat Shoot: July 22, 2018 at 4:00 pm at the range.
– Need a bid for concrete for the upper ramp.
– Need to have a float in the 2019 Parades (Shell Rock, Clarksville, Janesville, Waverly/Wartburg)
– Need to have a canoe float
Minutes from the SRSC June 4, 2018 Meeting
Treasurer’s Rpt: $2786.26
+ $260 Memberships
– $30.93 REC
Tim to send Jeff N. bill for internet box @ range.
Secretary’s Report Read & Approved
Gun Raffle: July 4, 2018 – Notice to members to buy tickets at Riverside. – Action: Tim
Table for 4th of July sales: Patty Franzen & Rich Calvert
Sales so far; 59 tickets
Sunday in the park July 1.
– Rubber Ducks for “fishing for prizes”
Tim to bring pool noodles
Prizes: Patty & Jeff B. (DQ tickets?)
Email member list to Patty Franzen: Action Tim
Range internet / camera update:
– internet cable is dug in
– enclosure is mounted
– butler-bremer account has been applied for
– B-B is waiting for power to the box. Action: Jeff B.
– First camera direct from box
– Range Cleanup: Successful
Sunday Shoot: June 24, 2018 1:00 pm
Jim’s Sport Shop: Joel Rider to talk to Jim about setting up an Archery Class.
Jeff N. moved, Bill 2nd to close meeting. Meeting closed.
Minutes from the SRSC May 2018 Meeting
Secretary’s Report Read & Approved
Treasurers Report Read & Approved – 4/18/18Balances:
- $2786.36 + $9.22 Bank Balance
- $5798.67 CD + $5.72 Interest = $5804.39
- Gun Raffle: Ticket sales in process: Jeff B.
- Range Internet/Camera system update: Tim
- Liability Insurance: Jeff N. paid
- Jeff N.: Thanks to Larry Burman for teaching 2 carry classes that brought in over $1000 to SRSC. This paid for the gun raffle.
- Patty Franzen setting up Girls w/Guns class in June: Larry Burman to teach (Beginning pistol shooting)
Rolling Bones Outfitters Presentation: Ron ? & Scott Adkins
Minutes from the SRSC April 2018 Meeting
Treasurer’s Report (Jeff Novotny gone):Ernie moved, Gary 2nd – Renew CD. Motion passed.Checking Balance 3/20/2018 $2837.41.CD Balance: $5798.67.Russ moved, Bill 2nd, Treasurer’s Report Approved
Tim read Secretary’s report: Russ/Bill moved/2nd. Approved.
Discussed the July 4 Gun Raffle (Ruger Buckmark Camper .22 Pistol).Jeff B. had bill for $107.49 for ticket printing.
Tim updated the group on the internet at the range. Approx $200 to cut in internet cable, plus approx $30/month for service. We need to have a “doghouse” for the router. Cut in is weather dependent. Tim tentatively approved.
Mitch Calverts: Rolling Bones – Hunting group sets up hunting trips. They would like to present to SRSC at some point.
Jeff B. talked about how to use the rubber ducks to another July 4 event…. catching ducks in a tank, etc. “Fishing” with magnetic fishing poles.
Next meeting May 7, 2018 @ 7:00 pm at Riverview – if it’s nice, we’ll meet at the range.
Minutes from the SRSC March 2018 Meeting
Membership report (Tim): Membership stands at 107
Tim proposed a Life Membership in lieu of payment for over $200 in membership drive costs. Poock moved, Stuber 2nd. Motion passed. Tim Busch Life Member.
Minutes read. Novotny moved to approve. Jeff Busch 2nd. Minutes approved as read.
Treasurer’s Report (Jeff Novotny):
February begin: $2976.19 + $500
– $497.33 for Rock
– $32.05 Butler REC
+ $9.20 Savings
$5792.83 CD (for river work)
$5798.67 New Balance
March begin: $2946.81 + $1245.00 (game feed + CCW Class ($500) + Membership + Raffle ($190)
– $89.33 Walmart
– $364.00 West Bend Insurance
– $230.00 Shell Rock Development Corp.
– $32.50 Butler REC
$3475.98 Balance + $110.00 Member fees tonight
$5798.67 CD (for river work)
Tim Busch moved to approve treasurer’s report. Russ Truex 2nd. Treasurer’s report approved.
Membership fee proposal for 2019: $20/individual, $40/family, $200 for Life Membership. Tabled until later.
- Larry Burman has 2 classes coming up. CCW has 10 people registered. Pistols & Pearls has 5 women registered.
- Pheasants Forever – Ruger Buckmaster .22 Pistol & 2 tickets to PF dinner. SRSC to pay PF $750. Garry Stuber moved, Jeff Novotny 2nd to pay $750 to PF & raffle off gun July 4th.
- Plan: Jeff Busch to print 1000 tickets. Tim Busch to email notice to come to Riverview Café’ & TKB Firearms to buy tickets. Jeff will notify Tim when tickets are ready to buy.
- Gun raffle to be instead of duck race this year.
Discussion about getting attendance at meetings.
Discussion about how to get internet at the range so we can operate surveillance cameras. Stuber moved, Novotny 2nd, motion passed to have Butler-Bremer provide internet to the range. Tim Busch to call Butler-Bremer to set it up. (done the next day)
Motion to adjourn by Jeff Novotny, 2nd by Tim Busch. Meeting adjourned.
Next meeting at 6:00 pm at the range.
Minutes from the SRSC February 2018 Meeting
Meeting called to order by Jeff Busch.
Attendees: DJ Gaede, Jordan Krull, Dave McCann, Ernie Ramige, Rich Calverts, Larry Burman, Patti Franzen, Bill Huisman, Jeff Busch
Secretary Report read & approved.
- Ernie gave explanation for boat ramp. $375 estimate for completion tabled until spring.
- Discussed upper boat ramp and cementing the approach. Tabled until spring & summer.
- Larry Burman proposed SRSC donation of $750 to Pheasants Forever. In return, PF would provide a Ruger Buckmaster .22 pistol to raffle off instead of a print. Decided to wait until next meeting with more members present. PF banquet is March 17th.
- Rich suggested putting up an outhouse at the gun range. Lots of options suggested. Tabled until spring.
Motion to adjourn by DJ Gaede. 2nd by Ernie Ramige. Meeting adjourned.
Minutes from the SRSC January 2018 Meeting – Tim Busch
Minutes approved from last meeting (Dave McCann moved, Patty Franzen 2nd)
Treasurers report approved (Pat Donovan moved, Larry Burman 2nd)
Membership report by Tim Busch (2018: 63 members joined/renewed by the end of the night.) Tim presented a plan to recruit members: Postcards and flyers are printed, mailers are ready to go. SRSC now has a P.O. Box.
Jeff will file the Secretary of State paperwork to change the SRSC official address
Tim: Website & Facebook pages are up to date
The group discussed the range webcam project.
Payment for rock at the boat ramp was discussed. Membership had approved $300, but the bill to the city of Shell Rock was $497.33. Vote was approved with reservations. Ernie wants $300 more rock put in. Everyone agreed that we need to hear why before approving any more.
Planned the upcoming Wild Game Feed February 3rd. There will be a concealed carry class the same day at 2:00 pm. Jeff Novotny & Patty Franzen will gather prizes from local businesses. We have volunteers & a plan for the day.
Larry Burman volunteered to teach future concealed carry classes and “Pistols & Pearls” classes for women. Patty Franzen volunteered to help plan the women’s classes.
Next Meeting: February 5, 2018 at 7:00 pm at Riverview Cafe. Program: Planning 2018 Programs and Projects.
Minutes from the SRSC December 2017 Meeting – Tim Busch
Range Cameras: Tim to check
Game Feed: Feb 3. Tim to do flyer & poster. Detailed planning at January meeting.
- Boyd Building Feb 3.
- Carry Renew
- Need Prizes
- Red Rider
Ernie wants 3 loads of rock on the lower boat ramp
- Discussion (need Ernie here to describe it)
- President (Jeff Busch)
- Vice President (Jordan Krull)
- Secretary (Tim Busch)
- Treasurer (Jeff Novotny)
- Programs at each meeting. Ideas:
- Trap & Skeet
- Canoe race July 4th and/or Cardboard boat races
- River Cleanup
- Range events
- Youth Shoot
- USPSA, etc.
- Clay Shoots
- Range Improvements
- Wireless / Cameras
- SRSC Visibility
- Facebook Page
Next meeting January 8, 2018
Minutes from the SRSC October 2, 2017 meeting – Dave Vossberg
- Treasurer’s Report Approved
- Secretary’s Report Approved
- Jeff Novotny talked about cameras at the range. Discussion tabled until Tim Busch arrived.
- Donna Busch
- Donna Busch talked about the Smelt Feed Saturday October 14th and arranged for volunteers.
- Patty Franzen asked for a bathroom at the shelter. SRSC said we were not in control of that land. It is city property.
- Request for rock boat ramp below dam. Motion for $300 for rock was approved.
- Dave Vossberg mentioned he will be resigning as of December 2017
- DJ did skid steer work at the range. Handed bill to Jeff Novotny. Work was already approved so Jeff wrote a check to DJ.
- Tim Busch said the new website is up and running and being updated regularly and is capable of photo albums for each event. Needs someone to contact the city to put the link on the city web page.
- Tim Busch arrived so we discussed the cameras. Jeff Novotny & Tim to get together to set up camera system.
- Need to talk about the game feed. Bret is checking on dates. Tentatively Feb 3, 2018.