Meeting Minutes

SRSC Minutes May 6, 2019
Attending: Jeff Busch, Jordan Krull, Tim Busch, Jeff Novotny, Bill Huisman, Ernie Ramage, DJ Gaede, Scott Adkins, Rich Calvert, Patti Franzen, Tyler Fober, Gary Stuber, Ron Poock.
Secretary’s Report not read. Minutes @ Jeff’s house.
Treasurer’s Report Approved: , CD: $5848.03.  Bank Balance 3/20/19 $4301.52.  5/6/19 Balance = $3836.81.
Old Business
– Fishing tournament Sunday June 23, 2019 (7am – noon) in Shell Rock.  Entry fee: $20 includes a meal, 12& under free.  Tyler Fober purchased permit from DNR ($25, to be reimbursed by SRSC). Sign in at Shelter House.  Weigh in at noon. Prizes: 1st:  Walleye, Catfish, & Northern $100, 2nd: $50, Biggest rough fish: $100, Biggest stringer (by weight): $100. Patty: Shelter is rented, she has signs, making flyers.  Jeff B. has scale. Patty has whiteboard for scores.  Patty making a flyer for distribution.  Put in SR city newsletter.
Jeff checking into food cost.
– Riverbank Cleanup: Completed!
Really old business:
– Scott Adkins:CAD designs in process.  Backstops at the range (railroad ties + 45 degree eyebrows. Gravel in the shooting lanes? Parallel berm to the rifle range?  Range along the driving lane (clear trees).  Jeff to add additional outlets for the cameras. Tim to install cameras. Kiosk at the range for information.
– Mason Lake Dredge Project: Jordan Krull – Butler County Conservation asking for donations to help dredging. Mike Minor (BCC) will come to SRSC to discuss in the future. – Will happen in 2019.
– Create an audio PSA for KWAY/KWAR: Tim Busch to write up spots (2 – 3). CCW Classes, Hunter Safety Classes, Raffles, SRSC Events. Send to Rich Calvert.
– Jeff Novotny: Propose paying someone $50/month to cleanup the range & mow. – TABLED
– Patti Franzen: Enough students for a women’s CCW class.  Patti proposed using the money from the class to file for a 501(c)(3).  Will check into cost of filing. – May 20th. Currently have 6 women registered.
New Business
– Jeff picked up 50,000 Walleye from DNR & placed in the quarry pond @ Klinc’s.
Meeting adjourned.
SRSC Minutes April 1, 2019
TBD – Waiting for minutes….
SRSC Minutes March 4, 2019
Attending: Jeff Busch, Jordan Krull, Tim Busch, Jeff Novotny, Bill Huisman, Ernie Ramage, DJ Gaede, Scott Adkins, Rich Calvert, Patti Franzen, Bret Spaulding.
Secretary’s Report Approved as read.
Treasurer’s Report Approved: Prior Balance $4809.89 -> $4362.57 2/20/2019, Savings $9.29, CD: $5837.24.
Old Business
– Purchased Ruger SR9C for SRSC raffle. Raffle in July. Tickets & printing: design by April meeting (Jeff B.), printing by Patti Franzen.
– Scott Adkins:CAD designs in process.  Backstops at the range (railroad ties + 45 degree eyebrows. Gravel in the shooting lanes? Parallel berm to the rifle range?  Range along the driving lane (clear trees).  Jeff to add additional outlets for the cameras. Tim to install cameras. Kiosk at the range for information.
– Mason Lake Dredge Project: Jordan Krull – Butler County Conservation asking for donations to help dredging. Mike Minor (BCC) will come to SRSC to discuss in the future.
– Create an audio PSA for KWAY/KWAR: Tim Busch to write up spots (2 – 3). CCW Classes, Hunter Safety Classes, Raffles, SRSC Events. Send to Rich Calvert.
– Boy Scout Projects – Walleye Rearing Run: TABLED
– Tyler Fober: Fishing Tournament in 2019 (Free Fishing Weekend, June 8). Need to set a date, reserve the shelter, Permit from the DNR, SRSC to supply food at the shelter. TABLED (+ Zeke
– Riverbank cleanup behind the plating company (Ernie will talk to Fred) – TABLED
– Jeff Novotny: Propose paying someone $50/month to cleanup the range & mow. – TABLED
New Business
– Patti Franzen: Enough students for a women’s CCW class.  Patti proposed using the money from the class to file for a 501(c)(3).  Will check into cost of filing.
Meeting adjourned.
SRSC Minutes 2/4/2019
Attending: Jeff Busch, Jordan Krull, Tim Busch, Bret Spaulding, Bill Huisman, Ernie Ramage, DJ Gaede, Scott Adkins, Shawn Weipert, Rachel Krumm, Ron Poock, Gary Stuber, Rich Calvert, Larry Burman.
Secretary’s Report Approved
Treasurer’s Report Approved: $4988.48 1/28/19, Balance 2/4/19: $4809.89. Savings $9.29, CD: $5837.24.
Old Business:
– Annual Dinner was successful.
– Rich Calvert volunteered to create an audio PSA for KWAY/KWAR: Tim Busch to write up something (2 – 3 spots). CCW Classes, Hunter Safety Classes, Raffles, SRSC Events.
– Boy Scout Projects – Walleye Rearing Run: TABLED
– Tyler Fober: Fishing Tournament in 2019 (Free Fishing Weekend). Need to set a date, reserve the shelter, Permit from the DNR, SRSC to supply food at the shelter. TABLED
– Riverbank cleanup behind the plating company (Ernie will talk to Fred) – TABLED
– Jeff Novotny: Propose paying someone $50/month to cleanup the range & mow. – TABLED
New Business:
– Larry Burman: Pheasants Forever Raffle Prizes: Remington 11-87 ($1000), Ruger SR9C ($750).  Moved & 2nd to purchase Ruger SR9C for SRSC raffle. Approved.
– Scott Adkins: Backstops at the range (railroad ties + 45 degree eyebrows. Gravel in the shooting lanes? Parallel berm to the rifle range?  Range along the driving lane (clear trees).
– Mason Lake Dredge Project: Jordan Krull – Butler County Conservation asking for donations to help dredging. Mike Minor (BCC) will come to SRSC to discuss in the future.
SRSC Minutes 1/7/2019
Attending: Jeff Busch, Jordan Krull, Tim Busch, Ernie Ramige, Patti Franzen, DJ Gaede, Bill Huisman, Rich Calvert, Scott Adkins, Ron Poock, Gary Stuber, Taylor Fober, Jeff Novotny, Bret Spaulding.
Secretary’s Report: approved as read
Treasurer’s Report: Balance: 12/19 $4938.47 checking, Savings: $9.24, CD $5826.23 ++ $155 in new memberships tonight.
Old Business:
– Scott Adkins: Suggest a regular range cleanup
– Range Committee: Scott Adkins, Patti Franzen, Jeff Busch, Jeff Novotny, DJ Gaede
– Annual Pot Luck January 19, 2019 in Boyd Building. Sign on hwy is reserved & paid for (Patti: $10), 100 postcards are printed & stamped.
   – SRSC provides plates, glasses, plasticware, drinks – Jeff Novotny
   – Speaker: Billy Rover Food Plots
   – Patti: Women Shooting Class
   – Tim: SRSC Powerpoint (proposed ideas for 2019)
   – Activities: Fish Casting, Laser Pistols: Tim, BB Gun Range: Jeff N.
   – Send out emails (Tim), postcard invites (Patty), signs on roads (Patty)
   – Prizes, Raffle? $250 approved from treasury for prizes (Patty & Jeff N.)
   – $300 voucher for TKB Firearms (Jeff B.)
   – BINGO w/prizes (Ernie)
   – Bill Huisman to restore a gun as a prize.
   – PA System (Jeff B. to get from Dave Green)
New Business:
– Rich Calvert volunteered to create an audio PSA for KWAY/KWAR
– Boy Scout Projects: TABLED
– Tyler Fober: Fishing Tournament in 2019. Need to set a date, reserve the shelter, Permit from the DNR, SRSC to supply food at the shelter.
– Riverbank cleanup behind the plating company (Ernie will talk to Fred) – TABLED
– Jeff Novotny: Propose paying someone $50/month to cleanup the range & mow. – TABLED
– Membership: Tim distributed membership forms & flyers.
– Elections: Jeff Busch President, Jordan Krull Vice President, Jeff Novotny Treasurer, Tim Busch Secretary
SRSC Minutes 12/3/2018
Attending: Jeff Busch, Jordan Krull, Brett Spaulding, Patti Franzen, Shaun Weipert, Rachell Krumm, DJ Gaede, Bill Huisman, Derril Boerschel, Jeff Novotny, Tim Busch
Secretary’s report approved as read.
Treasurer’s report 10/24/18 $5157.60, 11/20/18 $5039.36.  Savings $9.24, CD $5815.24….(smaller than last time???)
Old Business:
– Jordan Krull – Boat Ramp Plan: $9000 in materials (high estimate) – TABLED
– Camera System setup (Tim has cameras, will install soon)
– Annual Dinner Boyd Building January 19, 2019 @ doors open 5:00, food @ 6:00
      – Potluck, SRSC provides plates, glasses, plasticware, drinks – Jeff Novotny
      – Speaker? (Patti: Women Shooting, Tim: SRSC Powerpoint, Food Plot,
      – Activities: Fish Casting, Laser Pistols, Other activities? (Tim)
      – Send out emails, postcard invites, flyers, signs on roads (Patty & Jeff B.)
      – Prizes, Raffle? $250 approved from treasury for prizes (Patty & Jeff N.), $300 voucher for TKB Firearms (Jeff B.)
      – BINGO (w/prizes)
– Mission Statement: Preserve & promote outdoor activities in the Shell Rock area.
– Membership increase voted & approved: $15/Member, $30/Family, $200/Lifetime. Increase begins January 1, 2019.
– Patti: Once cameras are up, let’s improve the look of the range! Tim suggested a scout project for a Kiosk.
– Potential scout project for concrete fish grow tank & run (Jeff B. to coordinate w/scouts.  SRSC to fund w/CD).  Discussion about prioritizing between ramp & fish tank and how to time phase both.  Jeff N. to talk to Mike Tellinghuisen regarding concrete project.  TABLED
– Patti brought up, & was discussed extensively.  Need more PR about the club & what we’re about, what we do, where is the range, why people would join SRSC.  Jeff N.: need a Powerpoint slideshow at the annual dinner. (Tim volunteered to do the Powerpoint.)
– Jeff N.: Need to clean up the frisbee golf course.  Volunteers?
   Ran out of time: – PVC Duck Race, parallel PVC runs w/pumps – (DJ to provide & cut PVC.)
   Ran out of time: – River cleanup next spring, involve Wartburg
   Ran out of time: – Augustus Linke (new member) student @ Wartburg.  Volunteered to enlist friends to lay out a new SRSC logo & possibly design a t-shirt.
SRSC Minutes 11/05/2018
Present Jeff Busch, Jordan Krull, Tim Busch, others!
Secretary’s Report Missing –
Treasurer’s Report Read – $5157.60 general, $5826.15 CD
2 new members
Old Business:
  – Camera System setup
  – Annual Dinner January 19, 2019 @ doors open 5:00, food @ 6:00
      – Potluck, SRSC provides plates, glasses, plasticware, drinks (“we can take care of that”)
      – Speaker? (“Everybody needs to brainstorm on that”)
      – Activities: Fish Casting, Laser Pistols, Other activities? (Tim)
      – Send out emails, postcard invites, flyers, signs on roads (Patty & Jeff B.)
      – Prizes, Raffle? $250 approved from treasury for prizes (Patty & Jeff N.)
         – Shotgun & .22 rifle raffle? (Jeff N.)
– River Ramp Improvements: Plan to upgrade. (Jordan Krull to create 3D model)
– Mission Statement: Preserve & promote outdoor activities in the Shell Rock area.
New Business:
   – Potential scout project for concrete fish grow tank & run (Jeff B. to coordinate w/scouts.  SRSC to fund w/CD)
   – PVC Duck Race, parallel PVC runs w/pumps – (DJ to provide & cut PVC.)
   – River cleanup next spring, involve Wartburg
   – Augustus Linke (new member) student @ Wartburg.  Volunteered to enlist friends to lay out a new SRSC logo & possibly design a t-shirt.
SRSC Minutes 09-10-2018
Treasurer’s Report
7/23/18: 5197.31 + 150.00 membership + 28.87 credit from REC = 8/21/2018 $5318.44 + 9.23
CD = $5804.39
– Treasurer’s Report approved Secretary’s Report
– 1 new member
– Minutes approved
– Wireless Router is alive.  Tim to put up cameras.
– Canoe Float @ Rennings Landing 1:00 September 16. (river levels allowing)
– Annual Dinner January 19, 2019. Chili Dinner
Need activities (laser pistol practice?), etc.  Family Event: “Sports show” Booths: Laser Pistol Practice, DNR Guy, Gun Dealer, Crawdaddy, Todd’s Gun Shop, Cook’s Outdoors, Bait Shop, Casting, New Hartford ATV Club, Dog Trainer, Shell Rock Honey Products, Ice Fishing, Larry Burman (classes),SRSC Sponsored Classes:
– Youth Hunter Safety Class: Need to set up
Other hunter safety classes:
Pistols & Pearls Classes:
CCW Classes:
Learn Competitive Shooting:Jeff: Need a Mission Statement: What are the goals of SRSC?

  • Campouts
  • Canoe Floats
  • Fishing
  • Frisbee Golf
  • Shooting Range

Tee Shirt Buy: SRSC
Tri-fold Information Flyer

SRSC Minutes 08-06-2018
Raffle Made: $810 + $780
Balances: July 2:
– Beg: $3515.43, membership $120 + $280 shooting class + gun raffle $810

  • Butler REC $29.80, $107.49 printing, Butler
  • 6/19/18 $4513.05 Balance
  • $9.22 interest
  • $5804.39 CD
  • 8/6/18: Beg $4513.05, gun raffle $810, -$29.44 REC, Portapotties -$96.30, 7/22/18: $5197.31 balance
  • $9.23
  • $5815.24 CD

Ron Poock moved, Bill Husman 2nd to approve Treasurer’s Report
July Minutes Read: Brett moved, Jeff N. 2nd, minutes approved

Membership: 128 Members total paid, 14 of these are Lifetime members

Membership Fees: $20/person, $40/family, Lifetime $300, Seniors (65+) $150
Need membership benefits listed & understood
Proposed change to take effect January 1, 2019.  TB to publish on FB page 8/7/2018 & email proposal to the membership. To be voted at the December meeting 12/3/18.

Game Feed Plan: Potluck w/good speaker.  January 19, 2019 (check Boyd Building)

Need activities (laser pistol practice?), etc.  Family Event: “Sports show” Booths: Laser Pistol Practice, DNR Guy, Gun Dealer, Crawdaddy, Todd’s Gun Shop, Cook’s Outdoors, Bait Shop, Casting, New Hartford ATV Club, Dog Trainer, Shell Rock Honey Products, Ice Fishing, Larry Burman (classes),

Camera System: TB to install Wireless Router.  Cameras are in basement of Riverview.

Canoe Float: Proposed: 09-16-2018 @ 1:00 Rennings Landing to Campground. Weather & River Conditions allowing.  Plan on 3.5 hour float. Canoes & kayaks available (need to know first).  Everyone welcome

Shooting Event: August 26, 2018 @ 1:00 pm cleanup, then shoot.

After Meeting Meeting:

Regular Shooting Tournaments:
– Shotgun
– Archery
– Crossbows
– Rifle
– Pistol (USPSA)

Tee Shirt Buy: SRSC
Tri-fold Information Flyer

Minutes from the SRSC July 2, 2018 Meeting

Secretary’s Report Read & Approved. 122 Members Paid

Treasurer’s Rpt: No Treasurer

Old Business:
– Sunday in the Park 30 kids
– Internet/Camera System: Jeff B. needs to drill hole in internet box. Talking to B-B guy. Jeff to notify Tim when internet is installed.
– Gun Raffle Sales: ~150 tickets sold. Need to pick a time to announce on July 4th.

New Business:
– Finish Internet/Camera System
– 4th of July Celebration, Gun Raffle.  Need membership forms too.
– Meat Shoot: July 22, 2018 at 4:00 pm at the range.
– Need a bid for concrete for the upper ramp.

Meeting Adjourned

Post-meeting Notes:
– Need to have a float in the 2019 Parades (Shell Rock, Clarksville, Janesville, Waverly/Wartburg)
– Need to have a canoe float

Minutes from the SRSC June 4, 2018 Meeting

Treasurer’s Rpt: $2786.26
+ $260 Memberships
– $30.93 REC
$3515.43 5/15/18
CD: $5804.35

Tim to send Jeff N. bill for internet box @ range.

Secretary’s Report Read & Approved

Old Business:

Gun Raffle: July 4, 2018 – Notice to members to buy tickets at Riverside. – Action: Tim
Table for 4th of July sales: Patty Franzen & Rich Calvert
Sales so far; 59 tickets

Sunday in the park July 1.
– Rubber Ducks for “fishing for prizes”
Volunteers acquired
Tim to bring pool noodles
Prizes: Patty & Jeff B. (DQ tickets?)

Email member list to Patty Franzen: Action Tim

Range internet / camera update:
– internet cable is dug in
– enclosure is mounted
– butler-bremer account has been applied for
– B-B is waiting for power to the box. Action: Jeff B.
– First camera direct from box
– Range Cleanup: Successful

New Business:

Sunday Shoot: June 24, 2018 1:00 pm

Jim’s Sport Shop: Joel Rider to talk to Jim about setting up an Archery Class.

Jeff N. moved, Bill 2nd to close meeting. Meeting closed.

Minutes from the SRSC May 2018 Meeting

Introductions

Secretary’s Report Read & Approved

Treasurers Report Read & Approved – 4/18/18Balances:

  • $2786.36 + $9.22 Bank Balance
  • $5798.67 CD + $5.72 Interest = $5804.39

Old Business:

  • Gun Raffle: Ticket sales in process: Jeff B.
  • Range Internet/Camera system update: Tim
  • Liability Insurance: Jeff N. paid

New Business:

  • Jeff N.: Thanks to Larry Burman for teaching 2 carry classes that brought in over $1000 to SRSC. This paid for the gun raffle.
  • Patty Franzen setting up Girls w/Guns class in June: Larry Burman to teach (Beginning pistol shooting)

Rolling Bones Outfitters Presentation: Ron ? & Scott Adkins

Minutes from the SRSC April 2018 Meeting

Introductions
Treasurer’s Report (Jeff Novotny gone):Ernie moved, Gary 2nd – Renew CD. Motion passed.Checking Balance 3/20/2018 $2837.41.CD Balance: $5798.67.Russ moved, Bill 2nd, Treasurer’s Report Approved

Tim read Secretary’s report: Russ/Bill moved/2nd.  Approved.

Discussed the July 4 Gun Raffle (Ruger Buckmark  Camper .22 Pistol).Jeff B. had bill for $107.49 for ticket printing.
Tim updated the group on the internet at the range. Approx $200 to cut in internet cable, plus approx $30/month for service.  We need to have a “doghouse” for the router.  Cut in is weather dependent.  Tim tentatively approved.

Mitch Calverts: Rolling Bones – Hunting group sets up hunting trips. They would like to present to SRSC at some point.

Jeff B. talked about how to use the rubber ducks to another July 4 event…. catching ducks in a tank, etc.  “Fishing” with magnetic fishing poles.

Next meeting May 7, 2018 @ 7:00 pm at Riverview – if it’s nice, we’ll meet at the range.

Minutes from the SRSC March 2018 Meeting

Membership report (Tim): Membership stands at 107

Tim proposed a Life Membership in lieu of payment for over $200 in membership drive costs. Poock moved, Stuber 2nd.  Motion passed. Tim Busch Life Member.

Minutes read. Novotny moved to approve. Jeff Busch 2nd. Minutes approved as read.

Treasurer’s Report (Jeff Novotny):
February begin: $2976.19 + $500
– $497.33 for Rock
–   $32.05 Butler REC
==============
$2946.81 balance
+     $9.20 Savings
$5792.83 CD (for river work)
$5798.67 New Balance
March begin: $2946.81 + $1245.00 (game feed + CCW Class ($500) + Membership + Raffle ($190)
– $89.33 Walmart
– $364.00 West Bend Insurance
– $230.00 Shell Rock Development Corp.
– $32.50 Butler REC
=============
$3475.98 Balance + $110.00 Member fees tonight
$5798.67 CD (for river work)
Tim Busch moved to approve treasurer’s report.  Russ Truex 2nd.  Treasurer’s report approved.

Membership fee proposal for 2019: $20/individual, $40/family, $200 for Life Membership.  Tabled until later.

  • Larry Burman has 2 classes coming up. CCW has 10 people registered.  Pistols & Pearls has 5 women registered.
  • Pheasants Forever – Ruger Buckmaster .22 Pistol & 2 tickets to PF dinner. SRSC to pay PF $750. Garry Stuber moved, Jeff Novotny 2nd to pay $750 to PF & raffle off gun July 4th.
  • Plan: Jeff Busch to print 1000 tickets. Tim Busch to email notice to come to Riverview Café’  & TKB Firearms to buy tickets.  Jeff will notify Tim when tickets are ready to buy.
  • Gun raffle to be instead of duck race this year.

Discussion about getting attendance at meetings.

Discussion about how to get internet at the range so we can operate surveillance cameras.  Stuber moved, Novotny 2nd, motion passed to have Butler-Bremer provide internet to the range.  Tim Busch to call Butler-Bremer to set it up. (done the next day)

Motion to adjourn by Jeff Novotny, 2nd by Tim Busch. Meeting adjourned.

Next meeting at 6:00 pm at the range.

Minutes from the SRSC February 2018 Meeting

Meeting called to order by Jeff Busch.

Attendees: DJ Gaede, Jordan Krull, Dave McCann, Ernie Ramige, Rich Calverts, Larry Burman, Patti Franzen, Bill Huisman, Jeff Busch

Secretary Report read & approved.

  • Ernie gave explanation for boat ramp. $375 estimate for completion tabled until spring.
  • Discussed upper boat ramp and cementing the approach. Tabled until spring & summer.
  • Larry Burman proposed SRSC donation of $750 to Pheasants Forever. In return, PF would provide a Ruger Buckmaster .22 pistol to raffle off instead of a print.  Decided to wait until next meeting with more members present. PF banquet is March 17th.
  • Rich suggested putting up an outhouse at the gun range. Lots of options suggested.  Tabled until spring.

Motion to adjourn by DJ Gaede. 2nd by Ernie Ramige.  Meeting adjourned.

Minutes from the SRSC January 2018 Meeting – Tim Busch

Introductions
Minutes approved from last meeting (Dave McCann moved, Patty Franzen 2nd)
Treasurers report approved (Pat Donovan moved, Larry Burman 2nd)
Membership report by Tim Busch (2018: 63 members joined/renewed by the end of the night.) Tim presented a plan to recruit members: Postcards and flyers are printed, mailers are ready to go.  SRSC now has a P.O. Box.

Old Business

Jeff will file the Secretary of State paperwork to change the SRSC official address

Tim: Website & Facebook pages are up to date

The group discussed the range webcam project.

Payment for rock at the boat ramp was discussed.  Membership had approved $300, but the bill to the city of Shell Rock was $497.33.  Vote was approved with reservations.  Ernie wants $300 more rock put in.  Everyone agreed that we need to hear why before approving any more.

New Business

Planned the upcoming Wild Game Feed February 3rd.  There will be a concealed carry class the same day at 2:00 pm. Jeff Novotny & Patty Franzen will gather prizes from local businesses.  We have volunteers & a plan for the day.

Larry Burman volunteered to teach future concealed carry classes and “Pistols & Pearls” classes for women.  Patty Franzen volunteered to help plan the women’s classes.

Next Meeting: February 5, 2018 at 7:00 pm at Riverview Cafe. Program:  Planning 2018 Programs and Projects.

Minutes from the SRSC December 2017 Meeting – Tim Busch

Range Cameras: Tim to check
Game Feed: Feb 3. Tim to do flyer & poster.  Detailed planning at January meeting.

  • Boyd Building Feb 3.
  • Carry Renew
  • Meal
  • Speaker
  • Bingo
  • Need Prizes
    • 50-50
    • Red Rider
    • TKB

Ernie wants 3 loads of rock on the lower boat ramp

  • Discussion (need Ernie here to describe it)
  • Tabled

Elections

  • President (Jeff Busch)
  • Vice President (Jordan Krull)
  • Secretary (Tim Busch)
  • Treasurer (Jeff Novotny)

Increasing participation

  • Programs at each meeting. Ideas:
    • Reloading
    • Trap & Skeet
    • USPSA
    • Archery
    • Fishing
    • Prepping
  • Canoe race July 4th and/or Cardboard boat races
  • River Cleanup
  • Range events
    • Youth Shoot
    • USPSA, etc.
    • Clay Shoots
  • Range Improvements
    • Cleanup
    • Wireless / Cameras
    • Kiosk
    • Clubhouse
  • SRSC Visibility
    • Website
    • Facebook Page
  • 501c3

Next meeting January 8, 2018

Minutes from the SRSC October 2, 2017 meeting  – Dave Vossberg

  • Treasurer’s Report Approved
  • Secretary’s Report Approved
  • Jeff Novotny talked about cameras at the range. Discussion tabled until Tim Busch arrived.
  • Donna Busch
  • Donna Busch talked about the Smelt Feed Saturday October 14th and arranged for volunteers.
  • Patty Franzen asked for a bathroom at the shelter. SRSC said we were not in control of that land.  It is city property.
  • Request for rock boat ramp below dam. Motion for $300 for rock was approved.
  • Dave Vossberg mentioned he will be resigning as of December 2017
  • DJ did skid steer work at the range. Handed bill to Jeff Novotny.  Work was already approved so Jeff wrote a check to DJ.
  • Tim Busch said the new website is up and running and being updated regularly and is capable of photo albums for each event. Needs someone to contact the city to put the link on the city web page.
  • Tim Busch arrived so we discussed the cameras. Jeff Novotny & Tim to get together to set up camera system.
  • Need to talk about the game feed. Bret is checking on dates.  Tentatively Feb 3, 2018.

Meeting adjourned

Minutes from the September 11, 2017 meeting of the Shell Rock Sportsman’s Club.
 
– Prez: Gary Stuber, VP: Jared Krull, Sec. Dave Vossberg (absent), Treasurer: Jeff Novotny (absent)
 
– No Secretary or Treasurer reports
 
– Donna Busch: Oct 14, 2017 Fall Festival (Art): SRSC has been asked to work at the smelt feed. 252lbs of smelt purchased (1/2lb per person, 500 people). Smelt cookers @ Boyd Building. Need volunteers for setup, cleanup, etc. $12/person, $6/kids, all you can eat. This is the only fall smelt feed….normally held in the spring. Baked beans & coleslaw. 4 – 8 pm. Setup noon – 4pm. Canoe/Kayak float earlier in the day. S.R. Development Corp. sponsor. Barb Dilly instigator. SRSC agrees to supply labor. Tim Busch to promote membership at the event.
 
– Old Business
– Camera system TBD, need info from Novotny
– Discussion on revenues, better attendance & participation at meetings and range events. Subjects: rate increase, donation box at the range, increasing membership. Membership sales at every event (smelt feed, game feed, July 4th duck race, etc.).
Membership/Promotion Chair (someone to promote membership, Tim Busch volunteered).
Programs Chair: (activities for meetings), no volunteers.
Range Chair: (organize range events – Jeff Busch monthly, Sunday after meeting night, 2:00 pm, clay shoot
 
– Game Feed: Tentatively Feb 3rd (1st choice, Jan 20 2nd choice.) Bret Spaulding checking on Boyd Building availability on those dates.
 
– Mark Jirak: dozer to do improvements, already approved $1000. No action to date. Jeff Busch to check with him before letting someone else do it.
 
– Range Improvement Plan: Camera/Internet system, berms, Kiosk, Shed, signs, lights? Lots of potential.
 
Moved to adjourn.